System and hardware requirements:
- Windows 95 or Windows NT 3.51 or later
- 2 MB free on your hard disk
- A Windows-compatible sound card is recommended (but not required)
- CPU: 486/66 DX minimum/Pentium or faster recommended
- 16 MB RAM
- Modem or other Internet Connection - 14.4 minimum/28.8 or faster recommended
RealPlayer 4.0 program is installed in the C:\REAL\PLAYER directory, unless you specify otherwise. The installation also installs several system files into the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory of your hard drive.
Windows Only: By default, the Player produces 16-bit 8 kHz sound. If you hear garbled audio then you can change the kind of sound the RealPlayer program produces. To change the kind of sound produced, select Preferences from the View menu. Select the Advanced tab.
Dial-up users should be sure to keep the network connection preference as UDP (the default). In TCP mode, no audio packets are lost, but their arrival may be late enough to cause gapping in the audio. TCP mode is useful when you are directly connected (via a local area network) to the Internet.